Thursday, July 10, 2008

Aginah's Healthy Beauty Corner "Working from the Inside Out"


Some people may say Aginah usually talks about how to rebuild damaged hair. And they're right, because I am a hair health educator and the care of the hair has been my passion for over 30 years. But we miss the bigger picture when we focus on hair first.
Your face is your letter of introduction. It is the starting point for the beautiful you. Now look in the mirror to examine it face-to-face. No makeup can hide an unhealthy care for face. I noticed that myself when looking at photos of me wearing eye makeup to cover up extreme darkness under my eyes and I'm not talking about circles. I could actually see the sickness glaring through the makeup the coverup. So I ask myself what's wrong with this picture. Something was going on within. I was sick. Though I began treating myself internally with natural supplements, herbs and a healthy diet, I had to also care for the external.

The eyes' are the windows of the soul.

Chamomile-Rose Replenishing Eye Oil

The skin around our eyes is fragile and benefits from light and moisturizing treatments. Chamomile and Rose essential oils are anti-inflammatory and restorative for this delicate area. Essentials oils can be purchased at any Wholefood Market or Health Food Store.

5 drops Chamomile essential oil
5 drops Rose essential oil
1 ounce Flaxseed oil or Jojoba oil

Combine essential oils with Flaxseed oil or Jojoba oil and store in a one-ounce glass bottle with a dropper top. To use the oil, cleanse your face and leave your skin slightly damp. Apply 2 drops of the oil to your ring finger (you’ll apply less pressure with this finger than with your index finger), and with a gentle tapping motion, smooth the oil beneath your eye and onto the area just beneath the brow bone. Do not apply oil directly to your eyelids, as it can migrate into your eyes and cause irritation. Never assume that an essential oil will have the same properties as credited to the whole plant from which it is obtained.

When it comes to hair, use your head... Stay tuned next month

Homemade Hair Cocktails for sun, color, chemical damaged & chlorine

No comments: