Friday, July 16, 2010

7/7/10 UPDATE AGINAH'S HEALTH CHALLENGES

Peaceful Greetings!

My dear brothers and sisters and I call you that from my heart. You have exemplified nothing but genuine love and concern from the very first day lil Aginah ,my granddaughter, posted my serious health challenges to brother Daood's network. And we thank Allah for his patience and "sticktoitness" as my grandmother would call it as he diligently post our literature that reaches around the country.

I was told by the pre admission doctor that the typical moyamoya procedure would take 12 hours. Well, the actual day of surgery, July 2, 2010, Surgeon Fernandez Gonzalez at Thomas Jefferson hospital (where they're known for being the best brain surgeons in the country), told me, friends and family that his plan was to perform 2 procedures -- the STA-MCA bypass or EMS (encephalomyosynangiosis) -- but couldn't give us a definite until he was inside the brain.

His first choice was the MCA bypass, but because the STA (superficial temporal-to- middle cerebral artery) was very small, this led Surgeon Gonzalez to perform the EMS that markedly improves cerebral blood flow and only requires 4 hours of surgery. Yes, with God Allah's Mercy major brain surgery was performed Friday, July 2nd at 8:30 am and I was home Sunday, July 4th at 1:00 pm. God is the Merciful Redeemer.

Praise be to God Allah, the One Lord and Creator that I'm home and healing amongst family and friends. Modern medicine saved my life, but so did alternatives to pharmaceuticals... I'm weak, and a little depressed, but that's expected when my life has been turned upside down overnight. However, I'm grateful to God Allah the Cherisher and Sustainer of life. I'm back taking God's medicines... Herbs. Also vitamins and natural supplements, sugar free diet, fruit, veggies, fish and drinking lots of pure water. The journey God sent me on some thirty years ago was because He saw and prepared me for moyamoya (God Allah the Omnipresent ) when it was unbeknownst to me that I even had a rare brain disease until manifested on April 28, 2010 while driving to Whole Foods market to buy water, food and herbs. I stopped at the light, sneezed and my head felt like it exploded--literally. God then sent His angels (2) to save my life. Read more... http://choicezthebook.blogspot.com

Surgeon Gonzalez says, it make take up to 6 months for the EMS procedure he performed to connect. May we continue to ask God The Healer to Bless and Comfort me in recovery! And that the procedure increases MUCH SOONER blood and oxygen to a blood starved brain bypassing the areas of bloackage.

I'm revisiting Grandmom Leslie's sayings, "when you remember God He remembers you."


I love you all
Aginah carter-shabazz
Philadelphia, PA

No comments: