Sunday, October 11, 2009

HOME CHOICEZ

When our Sistahs are raised up, the victories will be all of Ours... for A Nation Can Rise No Higher Than Its Women.

Sisterfriends!

I wanted to let you know about the new phase in our work with Team CHOICEZ. As you know we have been speaking at colleges and in high schools, recovery centers and holding workshops in prisons for men and women in the Philadelphia area. We also volunteered our services for a pilot program at Martin Luther King High School for at risk girls. I am grateful and blessed for these experiences as I see women, men, and young people look at life’s possibilities.
Recently, I took yet another step in my personal commitment to help women learn to realize there are choices. I own a home in Germantown and I have opened it up to women who are from shelters, group homes, recovery programs and/or homeless.

Most of these women have only enough money to pay the nominal rent for their room which is furnished with a double bed, dresser & mirror. They share the bathroom & kitchen, living room and dining room. It’s a very nice home, and I feel that the women are comfortable and safe.

I have set up certain “house rules” that prohibit stealing, smoking, profanity, alcohol or drugs, illicit music and fighting. The biggest rule, however, is to love self, be respectful towards themselves, me and others. Yes I’m the big sister who genuinely cares. I'm working closely with them to teach them how to cook, clean, prepare a sit down Sunday dinner to eat together as family and, of course, the CHOICEZ team is working with them to help the women learn how to make the right choice.

This is not a nonprofit effort. Team CHOICEZ does not have a 501 (c) 3. It is a personal commitment on our part to make a difference. Those of you who know me know that my heart is in this effort, and so, I am coming to you with a request.

There are still many items that we need in order to keep the house clean and make it more enjoyable for the women living there. Supplies like paper towels, toilet tissue, cleaning supplies, sheets & pillow cases, towels, and wash cloths are some of the items we need. Basically anything that will help them keep things clean and livable – dish washing liquid, etc.

For anyone who donates paper items or gift cards, I am offering a 10% discount on any hair service. If you’re sharing this information with someone who does not know my background, Please visit www.Aginah.com for your and their information.

Many women’s lives will be positively affected by your most generous contribution. Thank you, and may you reap one hundredfold the goodness that you sow. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.



In grateful appreciation,

Aginah

All donations may be dropped off at Hoime Choicez located at 323 W. Apsley St or at the hair salon. Call 215.878.1227 // 267.226.3430.

No comments: